Our Code of Conduct and your pledge to be an upstanding member of the ThemeMockup community.
I will upload only work that I’ve created
Share your own work on ThemeMockup.
- Don’t post others’ work.
- Don’t take credit for others’ work.
- Don’t post copyrighted or trademarked content.
I will upload design work
ThemeMockup is a place to upload what you’re currently working on and portfolio quality work. With updates to ThemeMockup’s increased file size and file formats, ThemeMockup members should be thoughtful about the design work they upload.
- Don’t share content that you would share on a video-sharing platform—including promotional videos, commercials, and tutorials. Video uploads should be used for animation, motion design, 3D explorations, UI/UX prototypes, and design work of this nature.
- Don’t share showreels—let your collective shots tell the story of your work.
- If you’re using audio to enhance your shot, please use it thoughtfully. Make sure you have permission before using audio that's copyrighted or stick to audio that's under creative commons.
- If your shot violates these guidelines, it will be removed from ThemeMockup. Note: Per our Terms of Service, ThemeMockup has final say over whether content is appropriate.
I won’t post inappropriate content
ThemeMockup aspires to be a welcoming and inclusive community. Please don’t post content that is:
- Pornographic, mature in content, or gratuitously or overly sexual
- Racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive
- Shockingly graphic, grotesque, or obscene
- Inflammatory (e.g. name-calling, preaching, ranting, stirring up controversy, or venting frustrations)
We realize that nudity can be a gray area. We aim to keep ThemeMockup PG-13 and shots violating this guideline will be removed at ThemeMockup’s discretion.
If you post inappropriate content, it may be removed by ThemeMockup per our Terms of Service. ThemeMockup has final say over whether content is appropriate. If you repost content that’s been removed or continue to post content that violates these guidelines your account may be suspended or removed.
If you notice a ThemeMockup member posting inappropriate content, flag the shot or report it by contacting us.
I won’t spam other ThemeMockup Members
ThemeMockup provides many features that allow users to interact with one-another, including messages. Please don’t use these tools indiscriminately to spam or send unsolicited messages to other members. If you’re caught spamming other ThemeMockup members, your account may be suspended or removed.
What do we consider spam?
- Using likes, follows, and other disingenuous social gestures to draw attention to your account
- Linking to your own work in comments on other members’ shots
- Asking for likes and/or follows in exchange for a ThemeMockup invitation
- Leaving many comments that are short on substance to draw attention to your account
- Misusing site features and functionality in a way that isn’t in line with their core purpose for personal gain
- If you see a ThemeMockup member spamming others, report it by contacting us.
I won’t use ThemeMockup invitations to draw attention to my own account
- Invitations should not be used as prizes for contests, but given genuinely based on your interest in following someone’s work
- Invitation contests that require or suggest likes and follows for entry is prohibited
- ThemeMockup’s invitation system aims to increase the number of talented designers and interesting work on ThemeMockup—not to draw attention to your profile
- Please do not attempt to sell or buy ThemeMockup invitations or pursue fake follows on ThemeMockup
- Icon warning Your account may be suspended or removed if you engage in activity that violates these guidelines.
I will give due credit
If your work is inspired by other work on ThemeMockup, make sure to give credit. You can do this by mentioning the ThemeMockup member or creating a Rebound. Know that work that’s inspired by others may be interpreted as stolen.
If you’re the owner of work that has been posted on ThemeMockup without your consent, please review our Copyright Policy.
Please link back to ThemeMockup when posting ThemeMockup content elsewhere.
I will be constructive in my feedback
When providing criticism or feedback to other ThemeMockup members—be helpful, not mean.
I will use messages to contact ThemeMockup members about serious work inquires only
When sending a message to a designer, please follow these guidelines:
Your message must be a work inquiry regarding a design job or project.
Please personalize the messages you send—don’t send boilerplate messages. They tend to feel impersonal and lack the detail necessary to be appealing. This means you should use their name, provide a brief description of the work or job for which you’re hiring, and any details you find compelling about the designer’s work on ThemeMockup.
Please make sure the designer you’re contacting is a good fit for your job or project as indicated by the work, bio and skills on their profile. Many designers also declare the type work in which they’re interested on the message form—so make sure your message conforms with their stated preferences.
Have a specific job or project in mind when contacting a designer. Don’t ask if someone is generally looking for new opportunities or if anyone they know is looking for new opportunities.
Please don’t message designers to ask for an invitation. Your messaging privileges will be revoked
I recognize that personal accounts are only to be used for posting my personal work
All work posted under an individual player account represents that account holders personal work and not the work of a team, collective, community or any other group of individuals. If you would like to share work created by a team, create a Team account.
I recognize that Team accounts are for design agencies and in-house design teams
When creating a Team account please follow these guidelines:
The Team account represents an agency or in-house design team
You are not selling, offering, promoting or receiving compensation of any kind in exchange for seats on your Team account
Each person invited to your team works as part of said agency or in-house design team
You are not using your Team profile to spam the ThemeMockup community
Icon warning Failure to follow these guidelines will result in your messaging privileges being suspended or revoked.
I recognize that the Project Board is for appropriate projects for individuals seeking a freelance or contract designer
When posting a project to the Project Board, please follow these guidelines:
The projects there are intended for individual hiring needs, not those of companies or agencies. For those we recommend the job board.
As with content noted above, please don’t post inappropriate projects
If you post an inappropriate project, it may be removed by ThemeMockup per our Terms of Service. ThemeMockup has final say over whether content is appropriate. If you repost content that’s been removed or continue to post content that violates these guidelines your account may be suspended or removed.
If you notice a ThemeMockup member posting inappropriate projects, please report it by contacting us.